Thursday, April 04, 2013

The Boudoir Experience with Boudoir Le Blanc



I finally mustered enough courage to write about this special experience. Last month, I underwent a boudoir pictorial session together with 3 other friends. We've all been excitedly looking forward to the day of our shoot weeks before that, and when it came, we had one helluva fun!!!

So what exactly is a boudoir pictorial? Literally, boudoir is the French term for a lady’s private sitting or dressing room. Given that, boudoir pictorial is a shoot with female subjects with sexually suggestive poses. The degree of sexiness varies and is largely based the confidence of the ladies who goes for this shoot. Internationally, photographers saw the market for such pictorials and were long practicing boudoir photography. In the Philippines however, this was just recently introduced and we only have a handful of photographers offering this kind of service at the moment.

I learned all about this while preparing for our wedding, since majority of the ladies going for such sessions are actually soon-to-weds. Upon seeing some of their pictures, I was amazed by the confidence that they exude and their glow that was immortalized in those photos. They were self-assured to bare some skin and though the overall theme is sexy, their pictorials all appeared to be tastefully done.

Not one with the highest confidence out there, I longed to do something like that as well. I feel that this is the best time for me to do it given that I’ll never have an excuse again in the future. I also think that it’s high time for me to be comfortable with my body--flabs, scars and all; before I enter married life. Amidst all that, I’m still apprehensive to do it on my own. But I badly want to do it. And so, I asked Cris and Nat if they were up for a group boudoir session. Luckily, they were also sharing my sentiments and would readily sign-up for one if they have a support group to share it with. A week later, my friend Aiza also decided to join our group session since she was also secretly wishing to have a shoot.

That said, we scouted for the best boudoir photographer for us. We had 3 suppliers to choose from and in the end, we chose Boudoir Le Blanc. BLB won us over with their super chic outputs and the fact that they create concepts for each client. This is a big edge compared to other suppliers who simply takes pictures of their client in their lingerie or nighties. They also offered us a customized package which includes venue for the shoot and hair and make-up styling. 



We finalized the booking November of last year and scheduled the shoot for first week of February. Between that, we had a constant communication with Heather (BLB’s creative director) as they create individual concepts for us.  First they sent us a personality questionnaire that will help them get to know each one of us better. We had a hard time answering the questions since they were quite personal and of course we need to be really honest if we want a perfect concept. 

After sending the filled up questionnaire, a picture of ourselves, and our photo pegs, Heather came back to us with our look boards after several weeks. Mine looked really sweet and feminine probably because all my responses in the questionnaire translated to that. I love the pastel colors and of course the chicness of the concept they put together for me. I’m not exactly super girly, but I’m not one to roughhouse either, so I believe this look is set to bring out the daintiness in me. Haha.

My very dainty lookboard


When I saw my look board, I know that I need to do some shopping. Not a single item is available in my closet so I have to source them out. Here’s what I came up with. I requested to change the pink nightie into a grey one (since I was able to buy that before we received the board), and the lavender lingerie to periwinkle since it’s the closest decent one I found. Heather was so ecstatic when she saw my wardrobe and even commented that it perfectly matches the look she's gunning for.

My actual wardrobe sans some accessories


Few weeks before the shoot, we also received our set design. At first I was confused on how the items will play out together, but since the sweet and chic vibe is still very apparent, I just trusted BLB that everything will look lovely.



One week before out shoot date though, Tooney (BLB’s photographer) had a bad fall which injured her ankle, and was advised for a complete rest to speed up her recovery. That prompted Heather to request for a shoot reschedule since she doesn’t want to compromise our shoot's output because of Tooney’s limited movements. We agreed and locked in a new date.

Came our most awaited day, I was destined (us four decided by drawing lots) to be the first one to go in front of Tooney’s lens. Boy was I so nervous. Tina (BLB’s make-up artist) carefully followed the look that Heather wants and was successful at it. Their hairstylist also curled my hair and once they’re done with me, Tooney led me to my set.

Still really uneasy, I followed her upstairs and just prayed that everything will be alright. But as soon as I entered the room my nerves were alleviated and replaced with sheer delight when I saw what they've arranged to be my domain for the session. It was so so so pretty and sweet. Everything was cohesive and there’s not a single décor out of place.

I was requested to change to my first wardrobe and Tooney immediately leapt into action. She directed my poses, and while taking my pictures, would also tell me where to look or place my hand. She also had done a very good job of making me comfortable by continuously encouraging and commending me. Her lines ranges from “so pretty!”, “love it!”, and “I love that expression!” to “you’re so easy to direct naman pala eh”. With words like that consistently thrown at you, wouldn't you also be relaxed and feel beautiful? Hahaha! I really hope those aren't empty words. =P

As we went on, I changed to my other wardrobes and continued to pose under Tooney’s guidance. One hour flew by really fast and before I knew it, Tooney already said “one last shot”. I was surprised and felt a bit sad because I was game to do more. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment posing for her, that I didn’t even noticed the passing of time.

After my turn, Aiza went next, followed by Cris, and then lastly Nat. We had a super late lunch once everyone was done. We learned that we are their first boudoir soiree clients and it was much of an experience for them too, as it has been for us four. As a remembrance of our super fun group boudoir session, we had this pic.

Our group photo c/o BLB.
Back (L-R): Nat, Aiza, and Tooney. Seated: Tine and Heather. On the floor: Cris and Tina

Our souvenir door hangers.
From left to right: Cris, Aiza, Nat, Tine


We've yet to receive the full set of our photos and the only thing we've seen so far is a sneak peek which I’m also sharing to you. Now, be the judge! =)



Boudoir Le Blanc Photography



Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment